Sunday, September 2, 2007

Week9

I just realized I was using the Maryland Libraries numbering system in my last two posts.

I'm familiar with YouTube courtesy of my grandchildren. The most recent video I viewed was men dancing on a treadmill-this was actually brought to my attention by our own Jim DeArmey.

Podcast experimentation was not possible because I was required to download ActiveX which I didn't want to do-although I tried and the computer froze so -so much for that.

I looked at Project Gutenberg. What's available is amazing. I hadn't looked at this site since it's early days. It could be very useful at the information desk when someone needs, for instance, the letters of Charles Darwin that are not available in our collection. Voila-there they are on Project Gutenberg.

Overall my goals for the program have been accomplished. I wanted to be familiar with the latest terms and formats and I've done that.
I found the directions for some of the exercises to be less than helpful to someone who needs very specific directions.
I see in looking at other's blogs that things like favorites and rss feeds have been linked to the blog page. I didn't do that. Was I supposed to?
This is an example of less than specific directions.
I still have to do the Sandbox exercise and I'd love to add an avatar but will need someone to guide me through these. I'll try to get them done before the program ends.

No comments: